Saturday, February 04, 2017

Sunday Sketches (Birthday Greetings)


It's been a lazy kind of weekend thus far. With the warmer weather lately, it's been great getting outside to walk and enjoy the sunshine. So that means taking a break from the studio...and that I'm certainly OK with! Personally, I enjoy getting out and "looking" for inspiration to pour into my work throughout the week. :)

Above is another peek at a birthday card I'm currently designing/illustrating. For those of you wondering, the "2" represents the birth year.  This entire greeting card series will range from ages 1 through 12. It's coming along great and a project I'm very much enjoying.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is encouraging one another in our creative endeavors. Thank you!

SHARE:

21 comments

  1. beautiful card, makes me long for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I was a kid I would love to receive this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! It will be great to see the whole series when they are finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, sorry to say I don´t use GOOGLE+ so I am unable to comment on your art :(

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful idea for a project. No. 2 feels definitely a lot like spring with the juicy greens and pops of other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure all the cards will be adorable and wonderful, I already like this one. I notice more red/orange mushrooms, I seem to see them a lot in your drawings or maybe it's just me...

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have a need for such a card at least twice this year ... I look forward to them being available. You art is so full of joy. I hope your life is as well :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really loving your card series, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet another wonderful illustration and great design for children's birthday card ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy and Peaceful week ahead ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous spring illustration Alexandra. It would make anyone smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how sweet your illustration is! It's so full of vibrant energy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute and excitable mouse! Look forward to seeing more of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card design, such a cute little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your birthday card! Wonderful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huge congratulations on your Book Award. You continue to do amazing things with the new book series and birthday cards. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to get your comment - thanks for stopping by Alex.
    Congrats on your award - that's such wonderful news. Michael must be thrilled, and so proud of you.

    Love the card ideas - most little kids cards are so blah - these will be just beautiful with so much details in the plants. Our little great grandson Colin, whose nursery has your sweet bear paintings, will be one come April - how time flies. Perhaps you will have cards printed by then - I would love to send him one, and then two, three etc, etc.
    Hugs to you both - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. heartiest congrats for wining an award dear friend!
    your sketches are so lovely and this one is so cute.
    beautiful life for you !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous sketches, I've just had a catch up. Thank you for leaving me your new blog address.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card and the birthday line of cards is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig