Thursday, February 02, 2017

Hello, Gorgeous! It's a New (Creative) Year


It's been a wonderful start to the new year. Much more than anticipated and it feels good to the creative soul. Uh huh. For the first time since I've started illustrating and working from home, I'm in love with my studio. I mean, I'm truly in love with my work space which in return, creates the perfect atmosphere for designing new characters.

Above is a peek at one of the children's greeting cards I'm currently hand-painting and is part of a special birthday series to be released later this year. It's going to be an adorable set so am looking forward to sharing more with you in the coming months.

Besides painting the birthday cards, I'll be creating a children's book trailer for "Ladybug! Ladybug!", putting together my own children's coloring book and beginning the illustrations for the next book in the "Flitter Flutter Crawly" series, "Bluebird! Bluebird!". Exciting!

Here's to a lovely week to each of you! I'm off to catch up with everyone here in the bloggie world!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. lovely card, you sound so happy, that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the book award.... well deserved as your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you, may your year continue to shine just like you;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexandra! I am SO happy to hear how well the new year is treating you already! WONDERFUL!! The new projects sound delightful and I look forward to being inspired throughout the year by your sweet illustrations. :) May the magic keep flowing!

    nicolas

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh nice shiny mug :)

    really great illustration, the bunnys look very cute with their presents :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are in your perfect space, physically and mentally. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I popped in to see you here and see your charming art work! How wonderful to have your own personal work-space at home! You have lots of lovely creative projects on the go! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Alex! So happy you're loving your new space. I know how important that can be to keeping those creative juices flowing. So excited for you, and for US! I so appreciate you and your wonderful work, and can't wait for our next book to begin. :) <3

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig