Sunday, July 03, 2016

Sunday Sketches........and a CONTEST!


In my last post, I shared with you a sketch of Charlie and his magical garden that continues to grow and just a few days ago his sweet little friend, Charlotte, stumbled upon it and fell in love. Awww, she's a cutie, isn't she? There's more to their darling adventures, so make sure to keep an eye out for what's next!

With that said, as I was packing up the studio this past week a brilliant idea crossed my mind about our weekly co-op. Since I'll be hosting it from abroad over the next several months, I thought it would be fun to hold a little contest of sorts. Everyone will have the opportunity to design a logo for the "new" Sunday Sketches and I'll choose one to use while I'm abroad with family in England. SUPER fun, yes? ;)

Here's how the contest works:
  • Paint/sketch your idea for the logo.
  • It needs to include: a tree and the title, Sunday Sketches from England.
  • Include one thing extra that represents England.
  • Share it next Sunday, July 10th for our regular Sunday Sketches.
  • I'll pick a winner and announce it within 24 hours.
What will the WINNER receive?
  • The logo will be displayed on my side bar.
  • A link to the winner's blog will also be displayed on my sidebar.
  • $20 e-Gift certificate to shop art supplies online from Dick Blick!
So, what are you waiting for? I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas. Happy Sunday!

PS My apologies for taking so long to visit everyone this week. As you know, we're moving and I've been packing which has put me a tad behind. I'll catch up with everyone as quickly as able.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is encouraging one another in our creative endeavors. Thank you!

 
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Alexandra, I love this illustration!!! I guess a lot has gone on with you in the last two weeks while I was out of town. Wow! traveling to England, how fun and exciting!! I hope you have a wonderful time. I am excited about your contest and will try to get mine down before next weekend!! thank you for offering us the opportunity to enter... So much excitement going on in your life. I am so proud of you!!! Have a great new week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're moving? I must have totally missed that. Where to? Not to England, right? That is 'only' vacation, right? I loved b&b-ing through the UK, such a beautiful country and you meet lots of people that way.
    Such a cute girl you painted, sweet. And a pretty awesome contest. Not sure if I can come up with something as I'll be traveling part of next week, but we'll see. I definitely look forward to seeing the entries.
    Enjoy England!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte is such a sweetie. I really like the way you used a monotone technique and the only accent is her flower. The contest sounds like a lot of fun, since it already got the creative side of the brain thinking and haven't even had my morning coffee yet. LOL! Anyway, sounds like the packing is going well and not being to overwhelming. Blessings to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought it would be a colouring contest for your sweet sketch today! This is a wonderful challenge, see you next sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now how could I refuse... Sunday Sketches coming from England (even though I'm in Bonnie Scotland). What part of the UK will you be staying?
    I know it's a bitter sweet thing for you guys, but I hope that everything works out well. I also hope that the weather we've been having will improve for you. Pack warm togs you two... you are going to need them... or better still pack some sun and warmth and bring it over!
    I love your Charlotte and Charlie illustrations and I can't wait to see their new adventures.
    Good luck with the packing, travel and settling in. I know it's a biggy having done it so many times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun contest!! i'm glad to see that you still have time for drawing. moving is hard work!! especially when you are moving to another continent...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, I love her, Charlotte is enchanting and serene! Beautiful art as always. Wonderful contest, exciting. Wishing you a magical day!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking forward to seeing what people make :) (i don't have time or I would try, also cant use Dick Blick gift certificates)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling illustration indeed! What a fun contest, I don't think I'm fast enough to put something together for this, but I look forward to seeing what other people do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The contest sounds fun, and I love the times I visited England. I will definitely give it a try. Good luck with the move. It is always tiring to pack everything up, but it will be an adventure to live in a different country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so precious and love the new style illustration ~ Happy Moving ~ remember to 'pause' ~

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is a darling character! Hope everything is going smoothly with the move and looking forward to seeing more illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a lovely idea! I'm not sure that I'll have the time to design a logo myself with little Munchkin keeping me busy, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's designs. Good luck with the move, you'll be here just in time to catch the good old British summer (all 3 days of it! Haha!) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love her!! So cute! That's a great contest! I can't wait to see what everyone does! I'm going away at that time, but I will have my computer with me! Big Hugs! Happy Moving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Charlotte is adorable. I like her already.

    definitely going to do something for the contest, it sounds like an interesting challenge.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig