Sunday, March 08, 2015

Sunday Sketches: The little things in life...

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." Uh huh.  This is so true.  If you follow along my daily creative journey over on my art Facebook page, my little studio buddy (Brendel-Jo), is always making special appearances.  He is truly my artistic inspiration when it comes to developing the heart behind each of my children's book characters. Just take a look at Mr. Hickory the mouse and you can certainly see similarities between the two.  My world would be empty without this little guy.  He's spunky, playful, full of life and often falls asleep at my feet when painting away up in our studio loft. He's utterly precious and knows exactly how to melt your heart -so watch out!  :)

Mr. Hickory is another sketch that's a part of the Kids Hope USA reading project I'm working on.  The deadline for these illustrations are less than a week away, so I'm frantically (but joyfully!) working away. Once these are complete, I'll be transitioning over to two other children's books that are scheduled to finish within the next few months as well.  Between these projects, two more children's books in the Fall and my college studies - this girl is busy - and I LOVE it!

Grab the Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your contributions by signing up below.  PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is to encourage and lift other up in their creative endeavors as well.  Thank you!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. So wonderful to hear how well you are doing! Cute sketch and doggie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your illustrations. Love that you are doing so many custom orders and book illustrations. Good for you!!! I hope you are feeling back to normal almost.... Love this sweet picture too. I hope you have a great Sunday and new week, Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute sketch and your fur-kid is adorable!! Cody is never far from my side either. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brendel-Jo is adorable and how nice that you have such a charming four-legged companion to support you in your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brendel Jo is adorable, as is your little mouse! It sounds like you are filling your days with lots of lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sketch and your dog is so cute!
    So good to know all is going well and you are loving it
    Smiles xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do see the similarity in the dog and mouse's' eyes/expressions. You are indeed a busy gal with wonderful projects for wonderful purposes. I am impressed beyond words. And your art is always delightful to behold. Thank you for giving us a larger audience through your Mr. Linky here for our own blogs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little mouse looks like a cheeky fellow! I'm really excited to participate in Sunday Sketches for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How darling your mouse is and how adorable your dog is! Congrats on all of the great projects, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brendel-Jo is a cutie, I can certainly see how he inspires your beautiful illustrations. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so adorable and always well done illustrations ~ Love your doggie!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!!! I love your pup ;o) Congrats with all the projects ;o)
    Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig