Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Sketches: A Grateful Heart


It's mid evening here and the snow continues to tumble down as the bitter winds twirl it around like a magical snow-globe.  Magic - it's overflowing from our cozy little home tonight.  As I sit here and reflect upon all of the good things happening around us, my heart is filled with gratitude.  We are definitely blessed!  ❤

A few weeks ago, my step-daughter, Rachel and son-in-law, Jason, cut the ribbon to their brand new home built and provided by Homes For Our Troops.  Jason served in the Afghanistan war and is not only a survivor but a triple-amputee.  Now, they have a beautiful, custom built home to meet both of their needs and Mr. Toast and I are very happy for them!  It's exciting to see their lives being blessed in ways they truly deserve. Rachel is an amazing wife, caregiver and student, and I couldn't be more proud of her.  She juggles a lot, working hard to keep a healthy home/life balance for both the both of them.  Jason is also pursuing his degree in finance and well on his way to having an incredible career in this field.

My illustrative world continues to blossom, growing in ways that blow my creative heart away. I'm beyond grateful for it and am excited to say that I'm fully booked out through the end of this year already!  Peanut Butter and Pumpernickel has been forwarded to the publishers for print and should be available next month for purchase.  Besides the nursery rhyme project I'll be wrapping up in a few weeks for Kids Hope USA, I have 5 other children's books to illustrate.  OOBER excited!  I'll share pieces from each of these books over the next several weeks as well.

Mr. Toast is quite poorly at the moment, so I'm off to pamper him with cookies, hot lemon water and cozy hot water bottles!

Grab the Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your contributions by signing up below.  PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is to encourage and lift other up in their creative endeavors as well.  Thank you!

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. It's a lovely dreamy painting, even cozy. Thanks for the family update too. Hope Mr. Toast feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexandra, the Homes for our Troops video is so moving....I wish the inspiring young couple all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sketch! And your story is really heartbreaking. I wish you, Mr. Toast and your family a happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Sunday!
    Lovely piece, Alexandra! Lately I'm trying to use watercolors and you are such an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your Honey Bunny feels better soon. Congrats on all your projects and here's to many more to come.

    Cheers, boogie boogie and Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved hearing about the home your step daughter got. Your illustration is beautiful as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely painting! I am so glad for you and your family. I hope Mr. Toast feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful painting ;o) Congrats on all the exciting news ;o) Many blessings to your step-daughter, Rachel and son-in-law, Jason ;o) Congrats on the new home ;o) I hope Mr. Toast feels better ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the kind words about Jason and I! Your heart is so big, and I hope God rewards that :) I love seeing your illustrations take off... I'm sure they have many more places to travel! Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Sunday and Good morning Monday... So glad everything is flourishing in the studio. All your hard work is paying off. ;)
    ~ karen

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig