Monday, December 29, 2014

A little hello note...


Life is beginning to get back to normal in our cozy home (still decorated with Christmas lights and such until January 6th)!  Today was the first day I sat down to doodle and paint since week before last. It felt incredibly good.  My creative soul worked away at the table for a few hours before turning off the lights and settling in on the sofa next to Mr. Toast with a perfect cup of tea and English muffin in hand.

The next week or two will be busy as I work away at illustration deadlines I've unfortunately fallen behind on a little due to being poorly for so long.  Thankfully, I'm working with some incredibly patient and understanding women/authors.  (Let me tell you just how grateful I am!) I promise to post sneak peeks here and there when I can.  Until then, make sure to pop in over at my Facebook page to say hello - this is where I post regularly.  I'll also pop in to say hello at your lovely bloggie homes as well.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. LOVE the new blog layout, smoots! Darling painting above too. And well done getting back into things..even whilst enjoying the rest of this Christmastide. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute painting! Beautiful new layout, just in time to welcome the New Year! Wishing you only good things for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new blog look... Also enjoyed visiting your favorite inspiration websites. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful little bunny! I love it. I am very glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexandra,
    Just saw your lovely comment on my blog, thank you and thanks for the follow.
    So nice to meet you and I see you are in beautiful Colorado :)

    Love the bunny painting.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am following you via feedly ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alexandra, thanks so much for visiting my blog and I'm so pleased to visit yours! Your illustrations are gorgeous - it's no wonder that you are being commissioned to illustrate children's books. I also loved the movie "Miss Potter" as illustrating has been a lifelong passion of mine. I hope you're feeling totally well again now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad things are getting back to normal ;o) Big Hugs and I love your bunny ;o)

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig