Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday Sketches


More wonderful illustration work happening in this studio this week.  My main focus has been on two projects this past week with deadlines quickly approaching.  First is the Peanut Butter & Pumpernickel children's book scheduled to publish in January of 2015.  This book will be focused on teaching children about the love of animals and nature, filled with alliterations and tongue twisters. 

The other collaboration currently on my studio desk is with a non profit organization called Child Hope USA where I'm creating a lovely series of nursery rhyme illustrations in a book that is scheduled for publication at the end of this year as well. Above is an example and represents Mary had a little lamb.  I feel so blessed to have so many projects and opportunities on my desk.  Keep an eye out for a peek at more of the projects I'm working on.

I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone.  Happy SS!

Grab the Sunday Sketches button here.

This week's participants:
Please sign-up below to submit your sketch for this week, which will also allow others to stop and visit.

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. It sure is super busy in your studio these day, but I'm so touched that your using your gift to help those in need especially children.
    I worked at a soup kitchen, coordinated volunteers and was a board member for a soup kitchen in downtown Rochester for several years.It meant so much to me. Unfortunately I stepped down in August. With all the stress their putting on teachers these days I couldn't work full time and put in all the hours at the kitchen.
    I've always dreamed of illustrating children's books (Its on my bucket list..) I hope some day I can use my gift to help others as you do. Happy Thanksgiving and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your illustrations will fit perfecfly in both books.
    Great projects for children and what an honor to be part of them.
    Wishing you and your loved ones all the best this holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alexandra, I can't believe how busy you are, and each illustration is still just as lovely as the next! You are soooo prolific!

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a sweet piece Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how darling! Congratulations in being included in such endeavors, your artwork shines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have worked hard and deserve all the projects coming your way! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on all your exciting upcoming art projects. Mary and her little lamb are delightful. Blessings to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Cross my fingers for all your projects! Your work is so beautiful and absolutely adorable! Love how you look as an artist on this world!
    All my best from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are really blessed to have these wonderful projects on your desk. I think it's so motivating to work for a special project and I'm sure the children will love your cute and unique characters as I do! Keep on drawing and painting! It's always such a pleasure to see you progressing :)

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig